Colnatec has hit the ground running since Day One. We have had multiple trips to Europe and Asia developing our products and key partnerships. Winning multiple technology grants has enabled us to continue to grow our staff and Colnatec product line. We see more good things coming in the future!
The Colnatec Timeline
- Winter 2008-2009: Founders meet on Twitter.
- October 2009: Colnatec becomes a legal entity.
- December 2009: Two SBIRs (Small Business Innovation Research Program) are filed (DOE, NSF).
- January 2010: Colnatec visits Korea and introduces Infinity 24.
- March 2010: Colnatec returns to Korea with Infinity 24 prototype.
- April 2010: Colnatec wins a DOE SBIR Phase I Grant.
- June 2010: Colnatec takes new office space and signs SE Asia distributors.
- July 2010: First two employees are hired, and machinery is moved from SC to AZ.
- August 2010: First crystals are shipped under Colnatec name and the first tech and ASU intern are hired.
- September 2010: First payments are received, more gear is moved to AZ and the deposition system is added.
- November 2010: Colnatec visits China, Malaysia & Singapore.
- February 2011: Colnatec is chosen as one of twenty-five finalists for the ACA Innovation Challenge Grant Program.
- March 2011: Colnatec wins an ACA Innovation Challenge Grant.
- April 2011: Colnatec introduces 5 new products at SVC TechCon.
- June 2011: CEO Wendy Jameson is named a “Champion of Change” by the White House.
- July 2011: Colnatec wins DOE SBIR Phase II Grant.
- November 2011: Wendy Jameson and Scott Grimshaw are invited to the White House to participate in the Jobs and Economic Competitiveness Forum.
- February 2012: Colnatec office space expansion adds 3000 square feet.
- February 2012: Colnatec wins an AZ FAST grant from AZ Commerce Authority.
- February 2013: Wendy Jameson named Phoenix Business Journal “2013 Tech Titan”.
Note: color denotes Awards & Achievements